January 6th, 2010
Benefit your business!
Highlight the benefits of recycling at work to your colleagues and boss
- It’s easy to set-up and run
- It saves space and can reduce clutter
- It’s cost effective and can save your company money
- It reduces waste going to landfill, saves energy and helps tackle climate change
- People like to be able to recycle at work as they can at home.
Find out what you can recycle!
Recycling for Charity for commercials recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, plastic bottles, cans, metal, glass, wood and much more…
Setting up a recycling scheme!
To ensure everyone is aware of the recycling scheme, you may want to consider:
- Hosting a recycling day or event to launch the new recycling scheme to employees. For example, hold a desk recycling amnesty to encourage staff to recycle as much as they can from their desks.
- Train staff to recognise and understand the different materials that can and cannot be included in your recycling collection.
- Put a list or poster above your recycling containers identifying what can be recycled to make sure the correct items are recycled.
- Position recycling containers in a convenient place, so it’s as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away.
Recycling for Charity provides consultancy and materials to support “go green” …
What else can I do?
- Save paper by only printing what you really need to and print double sided so less paper is wasted. Re-use scrap paper for notes.
- Help charities by recycling at work. Search the internet – old mobile phones, computer equipment, stamps and printer cartridges can all be recycled to raise funds for charity.
- If your company wants to take further environmental measures, visit the Carbon Trust website.
Tags: Recycle @ Work, What Can I do Today?